Fifty Shades of Grey is not my first rodeo to BDSM. However, it is the first published novel of BDSM that I’ve read. I’ve read darker sides of BDSM in fanfiction.net. Actually, it was also twilight fanfics that I’ve read before. I’m so happy to learn that Fifty Shades was a twilight fanfic.
- I fell in love with Christian Grey. He is gorgeous, generous, demanding (in a sexy-alpha kind of way) and adorable. I love the little things that can make him smile and laugh. I love that he’s fifty shades of fucked-up. I love how he shows how and what he felt for Anastasia.
- Their emails to each other are too damn delightful to pass up. They made me giggle like a maniac out loud. So now I have to tolerate my brother’s constant teasing whenever I read.
- The feels. Ugh, too much feels. Seriously, this book made me laugh and cry at the same time.
- The book’s pace is so slow. I think this only happened in a matter of weeks? I feel like I’m running to catch up with new problems/conflicts arising every now and then. I mean, there were two more books left and I can’t help but be emotionally tired with the roller coaster ride.
- I’ve mentioned that this was a twilight fanfic, so I can’t help but still see Edward and Bella in Christian and Anastasia. As well as, the rest of the Cullens to the Greys and Kavanaghs. Their personalities were so goddamned the same. Especially the lip biting of Bella/Anastasia.
- The kink. I’m disappointed to say the least. I mean, sure they have the Red Room of Pain but I need more, I want more than that. I think it’s because Anastasia isn’t your average submissive so we have to bear with her.
Read: September 29, 2012
Rating: Rating: 4 Stars
I love love how the first book ended, but I love this book much better! It’s so exciting to see how the second book will play out.
- The make-up. The desperation, the longing, my golly. I cannot. Gosh, the feeeeeels. Seriously, I can’t put into words what I felt when their making-up and moving to make their relationship stronger.
- They made improvement to using Grey’s arsenal of toys. Yay! (Especially, the silver balls. H-O-T!)
- I actually love the ups and downs here, unlike before. Maybe because I’m secure to the foundation of their relationship.
- I love the new revelations and conflicts that arise. I feel like my heart is breaking all over again and I love it. I’m such a masochist. Hello, Mr. Grey.
- The ending of the previous book and the start of this is too close for my comfort. I think only a week had past but I felt like it has been months.
- I hate how secretive Christian is. I know he’s not the sharing type but come on. You need to freaking adjust! I seriously feel like strangling Christian a time or two. The only thing that stopped me is that he can be seriously sweet most of the time.
Read: September 30, 2012
Rating: 5 Stars
The final book is here! Am I the only frustrated by the cliffhanger???? Hearts and flowers! *swoon* And the mysterious stranger hell bent on having his revenge on our characters!
- I love the part of the honeymoon with the camera. (I didn’t mean that, get your mind out of the gutter! Lol!)
- I love what happened with Charlie Tango. It made my sleeping feels rise again.
- I love the all that happened in the last part. Especially, Christian revealing a much larger part of his past.
- I fucking love the EPILOGUE! Christian Grey’s Hotness Lvl 100!!!!!
- I hated how it started. Spoiler: We need the goddamned wedding!
- I hate the part of Mrs. Robinsons/Elena in Christian and Ana’s situation. I mean, isn’t the chapter of Mrs. Robinsons be closed? Especially with what happened in the bitch smackdown in Fifty Shades Darker.
- I want Christian to freaking grovel again like what he did before, but I think it would be redundant. But he fucked up. I don’t like the fact that he was left off the hook because of the “accident.”
Read: October 1, 2012
Rating: 4 Stars